Tuesday, September 9, 2008

IKE IKE GO AWAY.....

I grew up going down in my grandmother's cellar when the tornado sirens went off. My mom even used to drive us under I-40 and park there thinking we were safe from a tornado (She didn't know any better). We had a basement at home in Amarillo before we moved to the COAST. The point is, I am used to the tornado drills. I have even been in a bathtub with a mattress over me, gotten in the crawl space under our house-very gross, and practiced laying in a ditch by the side of the road (again, my mom's idea); but a HURRICANE!! Add a little water to the scenario and it's seems more uncertain and scarier to me. No need to worry though; I have our 72 hour kits ready, the car gassed up, hurricane shutters ready to put up and of course plenty of peanut M&M's (the perfect protein food). The dogs both got baths and haircuts today and we have Phoebe's "Happy Pills" for traveling. We also have reservations in San Antonio just in case-Can you believe the Hilton near the airport will let you bring your pets? I don't like the possibility of this wet, windy, and vicious storm approaching us at all. Please pray that Ike will GO AWAY. On a lighter note; Rocky got a bad haircut today. He seems to be upset about it!

1 comment:

Julia Soler said...

I still say that Amarillo or Borger is a funner place to stay then San Antonio or elsewhere...and what's two more dogs over here, haha! I hope Ike goes away!

p.s. I am going to get my keys and head to Toot'n Totum for peanut butter m&m's right now...your blog made me crave them!