Monday, February 22, 2010

GO BOYS

Having spent years attending the girls sporting events, I am familiar with most all the sporting terminology. I know what a spike, handoff, 3 pointer, or a foul is. I even learned the difference between an outside hitter and a middle hitter! Now I am a grandparent of boys! This weekend I learned what a cradle, takedown and nearfall are. We met the Solers in Austin to watch Jacob and Jaden wrestle in the state tournament. Jacob was worried about making weight (thank goodness we never had to go to this extreme for the girls!) so he shaved his head! For unity or because he is goofy, Jaden did too. Kaelynn had absolutely no worries about "making weight" or cradling someone! She just enjoyed herself. Although, notice the jump rope injury on her nose.... The wrestling tournament was exciting. They start out with a parade to introduce the different teams. The boys have a great coach along with their dad who coaches also. Jacob's first match HE Pinned the guy! Apparently you get points for take downs, and also points for getting out of a take down. So I am wondering should you let them take you down so you can get out of it? But...if you pin the guy you automatically WIN the match. Which is exactly what Jacob did....TWICE! Let's just say Jaden really enjoyed the atmosphere much more than actually wrestling. He didn't get the results Jacob did; no pins or cradles but I remember him taking a kid down or at least moving him around the mat. Jaden had a great time. He even ate a burger before his first match! At one point Jake had Jacob wrestling (He Won) then Jaden right after him. Here is Jake getting Jaden ready and Jacob on the right after his match. Jared is no doubt a future state wrestler as well The boys had a blast and we couldn't be prouder of them!

4 comments:

Korihor said...

WOW, so you almost lost me completely after that amazing picture of the Chocolate Lava Cake....YUMMMMOOO! So, the boys look interesting with those shaved heads, ha ha, I'm glad Jacob found him a good sport and that Jaden tries. He'll be a social type like me...there's one in every generation. :)

Korihor said...

ok so I'm apparently logged in under cody, but its me your daughter!!!
(Jena)

Ingram Gang said...

Hi Donna, I would love to send you the URL of our new blog. Would you mind sending me your email address? You can leave it on one of my blog comments. Thanks! Your grandchildren are precious, I know you must be so proud.

Julia Soler said...

Wow mom, you reallly have all the wrestling terminology down! I'm so glad yall got to come to Austin with us, it meant a lot to the boys that you alawys come to their stuff....especially the distance you have to travel to get here! We love you Nonna and Pepa :-)